Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Free IMAP for Gmail



When I joined Google a little over a year ago, I'd been working in the same field for several years and I wanted to do "something different." It seems I got my wish: together with an excellent team, I helped develop IMAP for Gmail. And today, we're starting to roll it out on every device, for free.

Plenty of devices you use every day can take advantage of IMAP, a technology that lets you keep all your email in sync automatically as you read and sort it. Your smart phone most likely supports it, as does your PDA, laptop, desktop computer, etc. To learn more about IMAP, please have a look at the Gmail Blog, which describes it in more detail, or the Gmail Help Center, which explains exactly how to set it up. And if you have an iPhone, check out our "What's New" page to learn how to start using IMAP in a matter of minutes. And remember, we're rolling out IMAP starting today, so if you don't see it in "Settings," don't worry, it will be there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment